Location: New York City
World Animal Protection, one of the world’s largest animal welfare organizations, has an exciting opportunity for a proactive Development Manager.
This is a unique opportunity to help strengthen and build the US fundraising program of an international organization in a new US office in New York City. The Development Manager will cultivate and generate support from mid-level and legacy donor prospects as well as steward donors with existing legacy commitments. In addition to the US development team, he/she will also work collaboratively with fundraisers in other country offices and with the international fundraising team in London.
The Development Manager reports to the Senior Manager and will play a key role in a Development department charged with raising $6M annually and with an ambitious plan for ongoing growth. He/She will cultivate, steward, and expand the relationships between the organization and its donors at all levels, with a specific focus on gifts ranging from $1,000 - $30,000, as well as develop and implement strategies to expand our legacy giving donor base. Using relationship-building and cultivation skills, the Development Manager will have a significant impact on World Animal Protection’s fundraising activities and help to build the future of a growing global organization.
Main Duties and responsibilities:
- Create and implement strategic donor cultivation and solicitation programs
- Build relationships with individual donors to ensure continued engagement with organization
- Conduct a minimum of 150 annual calls/emails to donors to solicit upgrade and/or legacy gifts
- Maintain ongoing donor stewardship activities leading to upgrade from mid-level to major gift level; identify, cultivate and solicit potential legacy gift donors
- Manage and track legacy income and bequests in probate working closely with Will Executors and the Finance team
- Execute and interpret prospect research and incorporate into cultivation plans
- Create and update pipeline projecting timing for upgrade to major donor
- Create a legacy giving marketing plan to cultivate and steward ongoing donors and prospects
- Collaborate with donor acquisition and major gift Development staff to ensure progressive movement of donors and reduced attrition
- Add gift information and donor correspondence/contact to database as needed
- Assist in donor cultivation and stewardship events as needed
Qualifications and skills:
- Bachelor’s degree with 3+ years of experience in donor development/relations and/or legacy giving
- Proven track record of success in relationship-based fund development
- Excellent interpersonal skills, cheerful outgoing personality and great phone “presence”
- Ability to maintain confidential information.
- Proficiency in Microsoft office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and web based research skills, and comfortable working with social media networks (Twitter, Facebook, etc.)
- Working knowledge of RasiersEdge preferred
- Strong analytical skills including the ability to analyze and interpret business and financial data and information.
- Strong oral/written communication skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Highly organized, able to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines
- Proactive, flexible and team player
This is a full time, New York City based position. Salary is commensurate with candidate’s experience and this position includes competitive benefits offered to full-time World Animal Protection employees. Candidates wishing to be considered in the first round please send a cover letter including salary requirements and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org. For consideration WORLDANIMALPROTECTION-HR4-DM must be in the subject line. Position will remain open until filled.
Applications without salary requirements will not be considered.