Direct Marketing Intern
Location: New York City
World Animal Protection has an ambitious strategy to create a world where animal welfare matters and animal cruelty has ended – and we are seeking talented and passionate individuals to join our team and help us reach this goal. World Animal Protection is the world’s largest international animal welfare organization, and continues to grow. Across our 15 international offices, we are developing programs and launching campaigns that will improve the lives of millions of animals worldwide.
Looking to gain marketing experience while protecting animals from cruelty and suffering??? Well, the World Animal Protection, one of the world’s largest international animal welfare organizations, has an exciting opportunity for you. If you are an analytical individual that can think outside the box to help a start-up style office grow its donor base then send your cover and resume today. As our Direct Marketing Intern, YOU are crucial to helping us strengthen donor engagement, which will increase individual giving revenue. With that said, you’ll have the opportunity to add value to a global nonprofit organization that appreciates input from all levels; learn from a marketing team that is passionate about changing the world; and play an integral role while we embark on new accomplishments.
- Research partnerships and participate in developing promotions that will help extend and cement World Animal Protection's brand through direct marketing in hopes of accomplishing the above goals.
- With guidance from the Individual Giving team, make sure our messaging backs our supporter journey and effectively speaks to our targeted audience.
- Help fine-tune our direct marketing testing schedule and will help identify donor segments.
- Optimize our Google Grant campaign; helping to bring in new leads through Search Engine Marketing.
- Gauge search engine marketing performance of donation forms and provide recommendations that will improve results
- Yield an approach to surveying donors in order to improve engagement.
Required background skills
- Knowledge of Google Adwords and Search Engine Marketing/Optimization Possess an interest in a nonprofit career ‐ particularly development and fundraising
- Be responsible, flexible, hard‐working, ethical, and committed to the mission of World Animal Protection
- Possess a high level of organizational skills and be detail oriented
- Possess solid oral and written communication skills; comfortable with presenting to a group of 15 people
- Be skilled at a variety of computer skills, especially PowerPoint (e.g., Microsoft Word, Word Perfect Excel, and Adobe)
- Be able to juggle multiple tasks
- Be able to operate standard office equipment (fax, photocopier, etc.)
For more than 30 years, World Animal Protection has brought relief and protection to millions of animals across the world. Today, working in more than 50 countries, World Animal Protection continues to collaborate with local communities, NGOs and governments to change animals’ lives for the better. World Animal Protection also acts for animals at a global level, using the organization’s United Nations consultative status to give animals a voice. If you have the qualifications for this particular role, and share WSPA’s passion for animal welfare, please let us know of your interest by applying.
All internships are unpaid. Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to recruiter@WorldAnimalProtection.us.org. The job reference code HR-DMI must be in the subject line. Position will remain open until filled.
World Animal Protection is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applicants from diverse backgrounds.